Mirjam Neelen & Paul A. Kirschner
It’s time for us for a relaxing summer break. We know that we’ve been a bit quieter than usual in the past few months, but that’s because we’ve been cooking up something else (more to be revealed soon!).
We’re badly in need of a battery recharge and we’ve got the feeling that many of you are as well (or perhaps you’re recharged already!). We’re taking a break for a month and to make sure you don’t get bored, we decided to share our top 3 ‘learning strategy’ blogs. These are techniques and ingredients that you can use in your designs to help people learn better. We’re also sharing 3 strategies that didn’t seem incredibly ‘popular’ so far, but we think are also worthwhile additions to your design toolboxes.
- Feedback – No Feedback, No Learning
- Spaced learning – Tips and Tricks for Spaced Learning
- Dual Coding – Double-Barrelled Learning for Young & Old
Also adding value to your design toolbox
- Peer assessment – Peer Assessment: Some Pain, Much Gain
- Collaborative learning – Off-Task Communication Is Spot-On for Collaborative Learning
- Expert teams – How to Transform Any Team of Experts Into an Expert Team (Part 1 & Part 2)
Enjoy your summer!